Interacting with Depositories for ISIN Creation / Activation
Execution of Corporate Actions.
Daily Reconciliation of Electronic Holding with Back-Office
Interacting with Depository Participants (DPs)
Providing Beneficiary Position to the Issuer Companies
Comparison of Ben-Pos on weekly basis
Considering the advantages of scrip less trading, shareholders holding shares in physical form should consider dematerialisation of their holding. Shareholder(s) who want to hold shares in demat form should open a demat account with a depository participant (DP) registered with either NSDL or CDSL, and then surrender their share certificate(s) for dematerialisation through the DP.
Steps involved in the dematerialisation of shares:
- shareholder fills out a a dematerialisation request form (DRF) and surrenders the defaced share certificate(s) to the DP
- the DP intimates the RTA of this request through the system
- the DP submits the share certificate(s) and the DRF to the RTA
- the RTA updates the register of members and then validates the request
- the Depository credits the DP's account
- the DP updates the investor's demat account and informs investor
At present, no stamp duty has to be paid on transfer of shares in demat form.
Contact Details for NSDL Contact Details for CDSL